Tea is good for you. Enjoy every sip.
What feeling do you associate with tea?
For many, it's simply that everything appears better after having a brew. Personally, in whatever situation I find myself, tea is often part of the solution! It's good to know that this vastly consumed beverage is also doing us some good.
Within 36 hours, the leaves of the camillia sinensis tree are transformed into a drink that is enjoyed by people from all over the world. Black tea remains the most popular option, representing approximately 72% of the total consumed tea.
- Approximately 40% of the nation's fluid intake today will be tea.
- Tea without milk has no calories. Using semi-skimmed milk adds around 13 calories per cup,
but you also benefit from valuable minerals and calcium.
- Four cups of tea with milk provides 21% of daily calcium requirement.
- Tea is a source of the minerals manganese, essential for bone growth and body development,
and potassium, vital for maintaining body fluid levels.
- The average cup of tea contains less than half the level of caffeine of coffee. One cup contains only 50mg per 190ml cup.
- Tea is a natural source of fluoride, and drinking four cups makes a significant contribution to your daily intake. According to Health Canada, 45.1% of Canadians drink fluoridated public water. Canada is one of the most fluoridated countries in the world. In comparison, only 5.7% of the world’s population has their public water supply fluoridated. However most communities in the Muskoka region are not fluoridated.
At the Blue Willow, we currently offer 24 different teas. With hundreds to choose from, it was difficult to narrow the selection down. Our aim was to offer teas from all the main categories of tea; black, green and herbal.
If you are interested in buying in bulk, please contact us. We would be happy to purchase 500g or 2 Kilo bags at favorable rates. Also, if there is a tea you would like that is not on our current menu, we would be happy to find it for you.
Fellow Tea Lover, and Owner of The Blue Willow